Maintaining A Happy and Healthy Marriage After Kids
Maintaining a healthy and loving relationship is hard, add children to the mix and you have a cocktail for disaster if it is not nurtured correctly. My husband and I jumped into the fast lane from the beginning of our relationship. Just a few months after we were married we were welcoming our first child, then a year later our second. We are 3 years into our marriage and have two wonderful children and one on the way.
Marriage is no easy thing! You can’t just read articles on the Internet and think those easy tips will fix everything. Marriage requires effort, time, and love. Let me be the first to admit that a marriage with children can be exhausting. Down right trying at times! Your attention is pulled in every direction. You want to be a good spouse, parent, and friend. So you pretty much have to be a superhero.
Superhero or not, no person or relationship is perfect. Here are 30 ways to help you maintain a happy and healthy marriage after kids:
- Wake up by saying Good Morning with a Kiss
- Always kiss Goodbye
- Communicate throughout the day
- Send loving Text messages just because
- Take the time to share about your day
- Say I Love You at least 5 times a day
- Cook dinner together
- Always eat together at the table
- Have you time
- Have your couple time away from the kids.
- Set time aside during each day to spend as a family. For use we go on nightly golf cart rides and look at the nature that surrounds us. This is relaxing and the kids love it!
- Give random gifts of love just because
- Find television shows that you watch together weekly
- Assign tasks around the house
- Never go to bed angry
- Take time to calm down when your angry before talking it out
- Try not to use hurtful words
- When your wife says she is “fine” she really isn’t
- Set a time during the night to put all electronics including phones away
- Pray with and for each other
- Cook breakfast as a family at least once a month
- Read books to your kids before bed nightly
- Always laugh
- Always smile
- Always love
- Say please and thank you
- Don’t let an argument go by without saying sorry
- Have family date nights weekly
- Take interest in your spouses interests
- Try and go to bed at the same time as your spouse
How have you maintained a happy marriage after kids? Hit the comments and discuss.